Last updated on December 6th, 2022
The temptation to eat more is often stronger than the desire to stop. And when it comes to food, eating too much can have major consequences. You may be familiar with the term “hangover” after a night of drinking alcohol and having a merry time. But what if you could avoid all those symptoms of a hangover by consuming edibles? What are edibles, and what are the best things you can do in order to quell the painful feelings you might get after indulging in edibles? Read on for some quick tips on how to feel better after an edible-induced hangover.
What Are Edibles?
Edibles refer to any food that has been specially made with cannabis to be consumed orally. Edible products are typically used in the context of a medical treatment, and can include anything from a tea or brownie to an oil or gel.
The most common types of edibles are marijuana-infused foods such as brownies and cannabis gummies. As popularity grows worldwide, there is more demand for these types of edible products. Millennials have also become increasingly interested in using edibles for their relaxation benefits.
How to Sober up from edibles?
Edibles are a great way to enjoy cannabis but it is like a double edge sword. With edibles once ingested it will always have to run its course. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have become too high off edibles, breathing and relaxing your mind is the first thing you need to do.
Drinking water will keep you hydrated and will help the edible run through your body. Eating a big meal will keep the edible from making its way to your bloodstream, foods with high carbohydrates not with high fats as fats help your body absorb things you consume easier.
As most things in life you just got to let it run its course. If it is your first time with an edible take it slow, eat a portion and give it about an hour for it to kick in. After that then you’ll have an idea of how your body handles edibles and will have a better understanding for your next session.
How Can You Avoid a Hangover?
Eating edibles is very different from drinking alcohol. The effects of an edible-induced hangover are felt by your body for a longer period of time, and the symptoms that come with it are much more intense. There are two key ways to avoid a hangover from taking place: choosing the right product, and consuming the product in the correct manner. It’s important to keep in mind the difference between eating an edible versus drinking an alcoholic beverage.
Many people find themselves struggling with “the munchies” after eating edibles. Some foods can have a more potent effect than others when it comes to creating a hangover, so make sure you’re not going too hard on your body by picking products with lower THC levels.
Additionally, here are some tips on how to consume an edible in order to avoid any adverse effects:
- Start small and work your way up. If you’re just starting out with edibles, try 1/8 of an ounce (3 grams) first, then gradually increase the amount until you feel comfortable using three 4-gram doses at once.
- Depending on the type of edible, it could take some time before the effects kick in, so its important to wait before eating more edibles
- Don’t eat too fast! Eating too quickly can cause nausea or stomach cramps.
Edibles Hangover Survival Tips
A hangover is just one of the many effects that come along with eating too much food. But, there are some ways to lessen the pain.
- Take a nap or try to relax. You’re going to need your body’s full relaxation in order to shake off the edibles-induced headache that is sure to follow.
- Drink lots of water: It will help you feel better and hydrate you, so you can avoid dehydration which leads to headaches and dizziness. It can also help flush out THC out of your system.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks: If you drink too much caffeine, it could make your body more likely to react negatively and cause a hangover.
Avoiding an edible hangover is key to enjoying the high. Visit Bulkweedinbox.cc for a variety of cannabis edibles.
GoodRX Health – How Best To Sober Up From Alcohol, Marijuana, and Other substance (Sept 24, 2021) – https://www.goodrx.com/well-being/substance-use/how-to-sober-up-fast
Healthline – How To Conquer A Weed Hangover (Jun 26, 2019) – https://www.healthline.com/health/weed-hangover
Leave a comment